Orange Early Childhood’s Mission
Our mission is to provide a safe, nurturing and engaging early learning environment that effectively supports the diverse needs of children and families in our community and creates a foundation for children to be able to enter Kindergarten as a lifelong learner and a critically-thinking citizen.
Orange Early Childhood’s Vision
Orange Early Childhood will become a nationally recognized program known for providing excellence through early learning experiences to young children in our community.
Orange Early Childhood’s Philosophy
- Play is the work of children.
- The safety and overall well-being of each child is our first priority.
- The classroom environment should be safe, nurturing and engaging.
- Children can be guided to develop self-control by learning to manage their bodies and emotions.
- The learning materials that we choose should be developmentally appropriate, open-ended and free of bias.
- The curriculum should meet the needs of all learners, including those with special needs and those that speak English as a second language.
- Learning experiences should be individualized to each child’s specific needs and development.
- The role of the teacher is to be a facilitative guide to help children meet developmentally appropriate milestones through inspired learning.
- Teachers and families should work together as partners in both teaching and assessing children.
- Children learn best in social settings with hands-on, meaningful and constructive learning experiences.
- Learning experiences are most meaningful when the development, experiences, interests and culture of each individual child is taken into consideration.
- Learning experiences should be a balance of whole group, small group or individual teacher and child-directed activities.
- Children should be assessed on an ongoing basis using a variety of evidence-based methods to determine if they are appropriately meeting curricular objectives.
- Our curriculum should address all areas of children’s development: physical, social/emotional, language & communication and cognitive.
- Everything we do should have a purpose and be grounded in best practices for early childhood education.
- All learning experiences should be aligned to Ohio’s Early Learning & Development Standards to ensure that children are fully prepared for Kindergarten.
For more information about the Orange Early Childhood Preschool, to schedule a tour, or to discuss any questions about your child’s readiness for preschool please call 216-831-4909.
Click on the link to the right to download a registration form (including rates, registration instructions).