Welcome to Orange Aquatic Center
The Aquatics facility, managed by Orange Community Education & Recreation, offers a variety of programming for swimmers of all ages and abilities. While Learn-to-Swim is the foundation for our aquatics program, we offer swim teams for all abilities, lap swimming, fitness, scuba certification, after school fun days, professional certifications in CPR/First Aid, Lifeguarding and much more. For details, click here.
Orange Outdoor Pool
The outdoor community leisure pool is located behind Orange High School. This pool provides over 4,000 square feet of water area with a zero depth entrance and in-water benches. The pool also features three major water play features including a water pipes attraction with overhead sprays, waterfall, and interactive features; a turtle slide in the zero depth area; and a large water slide with an almost 150 foot twisting ride into the pool. Other leisure-style and family friendly amenities of the pool include a large deck and lawn area, shade structure, pool guard office, concession stand and a picnic pavilion! The picnic area offers a shaded eating and meeting place for up to 64 people! Complete with concrete base, picnic tables, a metal roof and cupola, the pavilion will add to any poolside event.
The Orange High School indoor pool features a 25 yd, 6 lane, competition pool that is 4-6 ft. deep, with a separate diving well with two 1-meter diving boards. This pool is operated year round with a brief shutdown scheduled each year during August.
When school is in session, all visitors to the Indoor Pool MUST enter the high school through the main front doors only and check in with school staff prior to proceeding to the pool.
Inclement Weather Procedure
On occasion, we must close our pool due to inclement weather. This would include air temperatures below 65 degrees when water temperatures are below 80 degrees, persistent rain, lightning, tornado warnings, etc. The Orange School Campus has a lightening detection system in place. When this system sounds and indicates lightning in the area,, the pool and the pool area (including the picnic pavilion) must be cleared of patrons. We shelter patrons inside the high school multi-use lobby until the all-clear lightning warning is sounded.
Please call the outdoor pool directly at (216) 831-8601 x 2320 to inquire when the weather is uncertain.
For either facility, please park in the Orange High School West End visitor parking area. Please do not park in numbered spots during the school year as they are reserved for faculty and staff.
Indoor Pool Covid-19 Modifications
* Masks must be worn until swimmers get into the water (there are benches around the pool to leave masks).
* Please follow one-way traffic around the pool area and maintain 6-foot social distance from others.
* Visitors are required to answer standard health questions
* Locker rooms are not open at this time, please arrive and leave in your swimsuit.
Outdoor Pool Covid-19 Modifications
* Masks are optional for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated guests are encouraged to wear a mask when not in the water.
* Social distancing is encouraged. Lounge chairs have been separated and spaced apart for this reason.
* If you or anyone in your household is experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, is in quarantine or awaiting test results, please stay
* Our concession stand is closed. Guests may bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.